How to Get Food Assistance
Learn about our qualifications and process.
Groceries are provided free of charge to St. Johns County residents, who meet the following qualification guidelines, at the time of their visit:
- Residence in St. Johns County
- Provide proof of family size as applicable
- Completion of a brief interview to determine need, based on USDA Income Eligibility guidelines (USDA is an Equal Opportunity Provider)
- Food is collected from churches, from our local food bank, received from food drives and donations, and purchased retail.
- Applicants are interviewed to determine need, based on USDA Income Eligibility guidelines (USDA is an Equal Opportunity Provider).
- After need is established, bags of food, which are based on family size, are provided that day. Each bag of food contains enough food for two people for four days.