How to Get Food Assistance
Groceries are provided free of charge to St. Johns County residents, who meet the following qualification guidelines, at the time of their visit:
- Residence in St. Johns County
- Provide proof of family size as applicable
- Completion of a brief interview to determine need, based on USDA Income Eligibility guidelines (USDA is an Equal Opportunity Provider)
- Have not used Food Pantry resources during the last 90 days
- Food is collected from churches, from our local food bank, received from food drives and donations, and purchased retail.
- Applicants are interviewed to determine need, based on USDA Income Eligibility guidelines (USDA is an Equal Opportunity Provider) .
- After need is established, bags of food, which are based on family size, are provided that day. Each bag of food contains enough food for two people for four days.